BCPA Full Time Student Bursary
Applications for the 2019 bursary is now closed. The bursary program will re-open next summer. Students may still apply for the 2019/2020 Canadian Powerlifting Union Student Scholarship Program.
Each year the BCPA will award a bursary to help support an active member attending post-secondary and in need of financial assistance. A bursary is a non-repayable award, and applicants must meet the requirements
below, along with submitting the required documentation to be eligible. Given that the minimum criteria are met, the BCPA executive members will choose the recipient of the award based on their written statement. We’re looking for passionate and driven individuals who train hard and study harder.
Requirements for eligibility:
• Current BCPA member in good standing
• Competed in at least 2 BCPA competitions
• Achieved excellence in previous education:
• High school average of 79% or higher (if entering first year of post-secondary)
• Post-secondary GPA of 3.30 or higher (if already completed some post-secondary)
• Enrolled full-time in an accredited post-secondary institution
• Have a need for financial assistance
Requirements for submission:
• Proof of BCPA membership
• Proof of full-time post-secondary enrollment (present or future)
• Proof of minimum grade average (79%) or minimum GPA (3.30) (transcript)
• A completed application form
• A maximum 1 page essay covering the following:
• Introduction of yourself and your situation
• Explanation of your need for the award
• Your education and career goals / prospects
• Your involvement, accomplishments, and goals in powerlifting
*** Applications are closed for 2019 and will re-open in summer 2020 ***
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.