BCPA Full Time Student Bursary
Applications for the 2022 bursary are now closed.
The BCPA will award up to two $500 bursaries to help support active members attending post-secondary and in need of financial assistance. A bursary is a non-repayable award, and applicants must meet the requirements below and submit the required documentation to be eligible. Given that the minimum criteria are met, the BCPA Board of Directors will choose the recipient(s) of the award based on their application. We’re looking for passionate and driven individuals who train hard and study harder.
Requirements for eligibility:
• Current BCPA member in good standing
• Competed in at least 2 BCPA competitions
• Achieved excellence in previous education:
• High school average of 79% or higher (if entering first year of post-secondary)
• Post-secondary GPA of 3.30 or higher (if already completed some post-secondary)
• Enrolled full-time in an accredited post-secondary institution
• Have a need for financial assistance
Requirements for submission:
• Proof of BCPA membership
• Proof of full-time post-secondary enrollment (present or future)
• Proof of minimum grade average (79%) or minimum GPA (3.30) (transcript)
• A completed application form
• A maximum 1 page essay covering the following:
• Introduction of yourself and your situation
• Explanation of your need for the award
• Your education and career goals / prospects
• Your involvement, accomplishments, and goals in powerlifting
*** Applications are now being accepted until October 28, 2022 ***
Please submit applications via email to [email protected]bc-powerlifting.com.